26 March 2013

design: chic & cheap home goods lines

Really great inexpensive design is more available than ever! I've come across a few great resources lately. Did you know Jonathan Adler did a super fun collection for JC Penny? Yes, you read that right, I said JC Penny... check out Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler. Here are a few of my faves from that line
Wood Triangle Floor Lamp
Lacquer Coffee Table
Greek Key Tray
Glass Globe Light
Ceramic Cube


Bleeker Four Poster Bed



I think everybody knows Target is a great source for good design. Their specialty Shops are so great for more unique regional collections. Too by Blu Dot is fun and mod

Platten Dining Table/Desk

Plop Counter Stool

Quad Console Table
Fix Salad Plates

The Threshold line is another winner. I think these new pieces are pretty great

Brass Hurricanes
End Table with Woven Top
Brass Animals
Planter


These are just a few of the places I look for high style on a low budget.  Overstock, West Elm, World Market, CB2, and Crate and Barrel are other retailers I always check out. A few tips for buying mass produced goods...
- I like to see if I can go to the store and look and touch the quality of the pieces
- I generally stay away from using store bought pillows and window treatments, that is usually where I inject some custom items so its not all off the rack and I think it elevates the design. 
- I always prefer original art, its adds so much soul and there are really affordable options out there.

I'll show y'all how I mix custom and retail to achieve a unique look... perhaps tomorrow :)

xo Lea Hart

ps- what did y'all think of my Kitchen reno? 

No comments:

Post a Comment